About Keiraville Community Preschool (KCPS)
The KCPS vision is to be THE facilitator of innovative, family centered learning within a safe and supportive environment. We believe early childhood is a unique and valuable stage of life, important in its own right.
We believe all children deserve high quality, inclusive care and education.
KCPS was established by three local mothers in 1952, and has remained community owned ever since.
Families are encouraged to actively participate in the Preschool in many different ways. On joining our preschool, families become part of the Association that owns the preschool.
We welcome all children and believe that diversity and differences enrich our learning community.
Our natural bushland setting gives daily contact with a variety of birds and animals, with opportunities for learning about nature.
Our Preschool Programs
Keiraville Community Preschool offers a stimulating learning environment that focuses on each child’s individual strengths, interests and unique potential.
What is a Community Preschool?
Our Community-based service is:
- Not-for-profit, so any surplus is reinvested in the service
- A service that advances education through the operation of a preschool
- Run by a committee of 11 parents, responsible for governance and the future direction of the preschool
- Supported by the active participation of our preschool community
What does this mean for your family?
- You become part of the association of families who are custodians of the preschool.
- You can choose to be a member of the Management Committee.
- You can choose to be a member of the P&C and take an active role.
- You can contribute to a positive future for our preschool and children’s education.
Preschool families have previously: built and maintained gardens, painted rooms, made lamingtons, bottled wine, organised Arts and Crafts Fairs, planted trees, sold raffle tickets, worked at maintenance times, developed our website and much, much, more.
Your family has the right to:
- Choose how you will take an active role within the preschool
- Form a partnership with educators and be involved in decisions with regard to your child’s education
- Contribute to curriculum and planning decisions
- Feel respected and valued in the day to day life of the preschool and are encouraged to spend time and share skills and interests
We hope all families and children feel a sense of belonging as they join our preschool community.
KCPS Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020
Positioning children and their rights at the heart of our community
What sets us apart?
We are an innovative community of learners: children, families and staff
What do we offer?
A place of belonging, discovery and connectedness for children and our community
“Something magical happens when children are given space to explore. Imaginations come alive, and the pace of play becomes slower, more relaxed. Our program balances structured learning and creative play throughout the day.”
– Margaret Gleeson, KCPS Managing Director
At KCPS, Children have room to explore.
We educate 40 children a day within a space that could hold more than 250. Our natural bushland setting gives daily contact with a variety of birds and animals, with opportunities for learning about nature.
We welcome all children.
We believe that diversity and differences enrich our learning community. Our philosophy reflects the Early Years Learning Framework and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Our educators and highly qualified, experienced and dedicated.
Our University and TAFE qualified educators keep up to date with current research. Each day we have over the required number of university trained educators.